You CAN choose to plan and perform your pipe support design like this:
- Let the piping engineer route the pipes
- Let the pipe stress engineer do the analysis for the stress critical pipes
- Let a pipe support designer (or the piping engineer) model, draw and issue the pipe supports
BUT then you must ask:
Are the following requirements fulfilled?
- Weight saving design
- Fabrication friendly design
- Maintenance friendly design
- Passive fire protection requirements (PFP)
- Blast requirements
- Requirements for attachment to restricted or no-go areas
- Requirements for pipe supports inside tanks
- Requirements for pipe support attachment on floating installations
- Optimal material selections
- Requirements for attachment to mechanical equipment
- Pipe support framework calculation
- Calculation of pipe support details (shoes, trunnions, guides, stops etc.)
- In-dent calculation of pipe wall
- Isolation pad calculation
- Bracing of small bore branches (FIV/AIV)
- Special consideration for small bore piping
Pipe Support Verification is here to ensure that all of the above (and more) are taken care of.
Invest in pipe support and your pipe support design will be cost-effective and safe.